Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

16 August, 2010

REMEMBER WHEN WHITE SPORT COATS AND PINK CADILLACS WERE ALL THE RAGE?


Photo:  A 1958 Cadillac Seville, pink of course.  I could never make the raise of one of those beauties, but I did have a white sports coat.  My first car was a 1949 Plymouth Coupe, then a '52 Monarch with "overdrive" before stepping up to a '56 Olds 88 formerly owned by Dresden druggist Don Dusten.
I post this special *link to the above video site as a gift to all my "old" friends and relatives with  fond memories of the 1950s.  It really was a wonderful era in which to grow up.  You younger Cats can just watch, listen...and eat your hearts out!

Special thanks to one of those "old" friends (she's going to kill me) from Dresden who sent me the link knowing that I would enjoy it.  Betcha can't watch it only once?

No comments: