Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

27 August, 2010

GOD IS IN HEAVEN, SYLVIA IS GLAD TO HEAR FROM ME -- WE LIVE HAPPILY EVERAFTER

I don't know if anyone is interested or even cares, but since I made an issue of it in my last post (see item below), I cannot contain it any longer...Sylvia is alive and well living in Norman, Oklahoma.

I had a premonition.  I just felt the story was not over and, sure enough at 5:56 this afternoon (Thursday) a heart-stopping Facebook message read:  "It was good to hear from you Dick.  Can you tell me how I can get a copy of your book?  --Sylvia." 

I literally had to pinch myself to see if I was really dreaming.  "Rosanne, you have to see this," I announced to my very supportive spouse who had encouraged me to bring closure to my story about a young lady 54 years ago who was not easy to kiss and not easy to forget.

I am unaware of the whys and wherefores of Sylvia's sudden disappearance from our original Classmates profile contact site this past weekend, and how she relocated me through Facebook some four days later, but all is well that ends well.  On a newly-created Facebook site of her own, Sylvia displayed two photos of her wonderful family (her husband, two handsome sons and no doubt four attractive grandchildren, beaming faces all).  I am so happy for her -- and me too!

The final chapter to my story just wrote itself.  It ends as it should -- happily.  I don't have to fictionalize it.  It is what it is.  Glorious closure after more than 50 years of wondering and, yes, a degree of fantasizing too.  I honestly feel that God has blessed me and I am extremely thankful.

Of course, I plan to send Sylvia a copy of my book and in return I hope she provides me with a little more information about her life as it unfolded.  Everything from this point on will be a bonus, however.

So for now Sylvia, Rosanne and I wish you and yours continued good health and happiness.  Thank you for touching my heart one final time!

Signed, the kid from Canada

 

No comments: