Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

05 August, 2008

The old days vs. the new days

...Joy and hope are common threads

I'll be the first to admit that I have been living in the past a lot in recent weeks. It is not a conscious thing. I just guess I have a lot to catch up on. After all, the past is where most of my experience lies. But don't get me wrong. I'm very much into the present.

I think that it is only natural for most of us to reflect on the good old days -- the days when hope came with each spring season, when hearts were true, when everyone wore a smile, when every sky was blue, when dreams were golden and every night brought rest, when youth and love were at their very best. But, you know what? We all have good new days right in front of us. And they are the selfsame days of the past.

Just think about it for a moment. The same spring with all its newness still comes and goes, the same sun still shines in blue skies that span the world and people still smile, dreams are as golden as ever and hope springs eternal. The old days had their pleasure, but likewise have the new. We love today in the selfsame way they loved in days of old. If we take the time to look, we'll still find beauty in the things around us and the world is not growing cold, in fact it's getting warmer. True, we're not any younger but in many ways we've gotten better and we gladly leave youth to the young.

The way I see it is that we are so very lucky when we have experienced the good old days but still have good new days right here and now. So take time to smell the roses that are, incidentally, every bit as beautiful as they used to be!

I like the Toby Keith song: "I aint as good as I used to be, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
So look out world, here I come!

No comments: