Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

18 August, 2008

NEW NAME...SAME OLD STUFF

I know, I hate change just as much as the next guy but sometimes it is for the better.

I've decided to change the name of this site to Wrights Lane for several reasons, primarily though because I wanted something a little more unique. When I first chose The Wright Slant, I had no idea there would be so many other Wright Slants in existance --advertising, editorial commentary and political slogans.

The "Wrights Lane" idea comes from a photograph in my office/den that I look at easily a dozen times a day. It is a photo of a street sign at the corner of North Street and Wrights Lane in my hometown of Dresden, ON. Wrights Lane is on the southern boundary of a chunk of land once owned by my grandfather Wesley Wright and eventually subdivided for residential purposes. The photo (shown to the left) will now be a corner stone of this site.

So, it's off with the old and on with the new! Something that they'll be saying about me someday, no doubt. Meantime, I'll continue with the occasional stroll down memory (Wrights) lane. --Dick

No comments: