Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

20 April, 2020

ALL ABOUT LEMON MERINGUE PIE: YUM YUM GOOD!

I was thumbing through Edgar A. Guest's book of poems "Just Folks" (Copyright 1917) this morning and came across "Lemon Pie", one of my favorite poems by my favorite poet and hands down my favorite pie. It was a nostalgic triple whammy!

My mother Grace made the best lemon meringue pie that I ever tasted. That is until I first dug into a slice from one made by my wife Anne (I knew I married her for something and lemon pie had to be one of the reasons).

When I get desperate these days I even make my own lemon meringue pie, always in a prized pie plate handed down from my mother (see photo above) and I always use the recipe printed on the decorative collector's item plate. Guess what I'm having for dessert after supper tonight?

Here's a copy of "Lemon Pie" taken from the aforementioned book of poems. It always makes my mouth water.


No comments: