Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

28 April, 2020

A YOUNG MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART...

My grandson Joshua Rocha writing on his Facebook timeline Oct. 10, 2016 about the time he turned 21. Where did that boy (young man now) get the ability to rationalize and articulate like that?


"People obviously don't have to see eye to eye on everything. There does have to be a concerted effort to become more informed and understanding. It's okay to not know everything as long as you keep trying to understand. Simply saying "that's my opinion and it shouldn't offend you" doesn't intellectually reinforce your opinion or attempt to help someone else reach a mutual understanding. When discussion becomes an argument is when it becomes a waste of time. Some people get the two mixed up. I swear I'm a super light-hearted person so I hope this doesn't come off as pretentious. I'll admit to sitting on a fence a lot."

*Josh is an industrial construction designer working as an associate in his dad's business. He is currently on contractual loan to the Staples organization. This post did not have his permission.

No comments: