Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

06 July, 2011

DEGREE OF TRUTH IN MY MALAPROPISM?

Rosanne's gift for unintentional "malapropisms" is starting to rub off on me.  I take full credit for one today that cracked up even me, if I do say so myself.

By means of explanation, I had just done a special favour for Rosanne which she acknowledged by saying: "Thanks. I hope you know that every time you do something for me I love you a little more, if that's possible!"

Me:  "Well, you know what they say...Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder!"

Don't know what made me think of that.

1 comment:

Bob Hedden said...

Hi Dick. I enjoyed your books on Dresden & Wrights Lane. I too grew up in Dresden. My name is Robert(Bob)Hedden. Son of Margaret & Harold Hedden. I grew up in Dresden and now reside in Wallaceburg. I enjoyed the story about my Dad the local Constable sending you home because you were late. I knew your Mom from Carrs Drug Store/McTavish. I delivered Newspapers groceries for Gerry Weese and then learned a trade in the meat business from Hugh Farnsworth. I have very fond memories of my hometown. I have every book published about the town now including yours Also old newspapers.I have thought about organizing what I have and attempting to put together stories of the people I knew growing up I enjoy talking to people I grew up with.My sons will kid me about my trips down memory lane with our Grand children or whoever will listen to me.Rosey Johnson mentioned Hook Davis coaching him. Hook had a sister Norma woh became my Mother in law. I married her first born daughter Linda 44 years ago.It was nice to read Dick Turners comments. I am not sure if he still remembers me. I visited their house on Centre Street when we were kids.Dick and I are about the same age.It was great to hear their Mom is still here. I have fond memories of Roy also.I better close for now. Dick Wright keep writing those stories.It takes you back to a much simpler time