Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

05 May, 2023

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY...HAVE A NAP!

Here's one for you...

What should be our attitude toward troubles that we can do nothing about?

I dare say that the most common attitude is one of worrying about things over which we have no control. In fact this is a widespread transgression marking our inconsistency as human beings.

Generally, people have never fully realized just how destructive worry can be. It truly plays havoc with one's life. It ruins digestion and causes stomach ulcers. It interferes with sleep and forces us to face another day unrested and irritable. Trust me, I've learned the hard way.

Anxiety and tension, which are twins in the worrying scenario, bring on heart disease, high blood pressure and nervous disorders.

Ask any doctor, and he will tell you that the patient who is apprehensive retards his/her own recuperation.

Hard work, even overwork, never killed anyone. It is not the amount of work we do, or have to do, that takes its toll on us. It is the strain or tension caused by our anxiety over the work that does the damage.

We would live longer, and do more and better work, if we could bring ourselves to adopt the philosophy of an old farmer I once read about, who said:
"When I works, I works hard;
   When I sets, I sets loose;
      When I worries, I goes to sleep."

Would that sleep would overtake us all when we begin to worry.

Common sense tells us that we are wise to accept what we cannot help and make adjustments as are necessary...then to get on with the rest of our lives.

I intend to expand on this subject in Wrights Lane posts that follow.

No comments: