Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

08 February, 2022

WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST?


I once heard a delightful little tale about a butterfly flitting its way through a golden, sunlit meadow. Examining the landscape below, it decided to land on a lush patch of yellow, red, purple, and pink flowers.

First, Mr. Butterfly lands on a beautiful yellow daisy. "Why don't you dart around as I do?" he asks. "Don't you get tired of sitting there all the time?" The daisy replied, "If I get tired during the heat of the day, I wait until night comes. Then I look up at the sky and watch the stars come out. I love the stars. I think they are the most beautiful things in the world, and I long to be like them." 

"That's amazing," says Butterfly. "You do look like the stars." The butterfly flew on until he saw a beautiful blue forget-me-not. "Why do you sit still all day long?" he asks. "Wouldn't you like to move all about as I do?" 

"Oh no, I don't get tired of it," says the forget-me-not. "I keep looking up at the sky. There is simply nothing as beautiful as the sky. I love the sky, and I yearn to be just like it."

"That's glorious," says Mr. Butterfly. "You are truly as brilliant as the blue in the sky."

The butterfly then flew next to a buttercup. "Why do you sit here all day long?" he asks. "Wouldn't you like to explore, moving from place to place as I do?" The buttercup shook her head, saying, "I never tire of looking up at the sun. I love the sun, and I wish I were like it."

"That's wonderful," says the butterfly. "You are round, yellow, and shining like the sun."

Next, the Butterfly spoke to a violet. The violet told him that she patiently waited every day for the twilight. "I love the twilight, and I want to be just like it."

"That's truly inspiring," says the butterfly. "You are exactly like the purple that comes when the sun sets."

That night, when darkness came, all the little flowers folded their petals and swayed from side to side. They were as happy as they could be because they were just like the things they loved. Seeing this, the butterfly says to himself, "This is a life-changing discovery! To think that everyone grows to be like the thing they love most in this world. And that is awesome!"

A flower, a butterfly, a grain of sand, a single raindrop -- each serves a purpose in Creation. We cannot even begin to visualize all that exists in God's Plan and by His Design! 

Why this grain of sand? Why this tiny flea? I don't know. But to think that in this world everyone can grow to be like the thing they love most – that's awesome!"

What do you love most in this world friend?

One thing for sure, it's got me thinking.

No comments: