Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

05 August, 2020

SINGING THE PRAISES OF CREAM...AND SLICED BANANAS

C
ream is deemed the ultimate. It rises to the top...It represents the best of any crop...It enhances taste. It makes things better...It blends.

Cream even has endearing quality, i.e. the song lyrics:
"You're the cream in my coffee,
You're the salt in my stew
You will always be my necessity,
I'd be lost without you."

In fact, you can't say a bad thing about cream, with the exception of the nutritional notion that it makes you fat. And you know what? I am willing to give up most things in life for the betterment of my health, but not when it comes to cream. I absolutely insist of having cream (5 % is as low as I'm willing to go) in my coffee and on my cereal in the morning.

The combination of peaches and cream always has positive connotations too, as does anything with the addition of cream, like bananas for instance.

It is due to my mother's influence that, to this day, I like cream on fruit in general -- strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, apple and rhubarb sauces and of course the aforementioned peaches and bananas. Then there is cream on homemade puddings of all kinds -- jello, chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, lemon, rice, tapioca, bread, you name it.

But back to singing the praises of a simple bowl of sliced bananas with cream and a sprinkling of sugar as a treat any time of the day or night, but primarily as a fall-back dessert after meals. Most household cupboards are stocked with bananas that have a short shelf life and what better way to use them up quickly and easily than as an inexpensive no-fuss-no-muss dessert with a few ounces of cream.

Bottom line: If you haven't tried sliced bananas and cream, you don't know what you're missing!

And, oh, I almost forgot...I always have a banana with breakfast too -- frequently sliced into my bowl of cereal and cream.

I would not leave home without having it!

No comments: