Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

10 October, 2018


With all-to-frequent solitude, I lingered over a Tim Horton's coffee this afternoon doing what I do best -- people watch. Unlike some others, I do not go to a coffee shop to talk on a cell phone, play iPad games, check emails, do crossword puzzles or read a book...I can do all of that at home. I need people!

As has been the case in recent past, I was particularly taken by the seemingly carefree couples my age (admittedly most were younger) who came in to share their company and a favorite treat or beverage. Certainly a special outing, so easily taken for granted.

I resist the impulse to impose on these folks by saying "I envy the fact that you can be together to share life's small pleasures like this.  You are indeed fortunate...Enjoy every moment of it while you can because, take it from me, it can all be swept away in a flash."

Committed and unconditional love shared by a man and woman is unlike any other kind of love. To have someone love you just because it is you and to love someone in return just because of them, is the ultimate relationship.

You never truly and fully appreciate something until it is gone...forever.

No comments: