Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

01 October, 2018

A SURPRISE "WELCOME HOME" GIFT FOR MATILDA

Matilda with "welcome home" gifts from a very nice lady.
If you don't think there are real-life angels living among us, brother, do you have another think coming!

I was still working on the last paragraph of my most-recent "Providential Care" post this afternoon (see below) when I heard a knock at the front door. I immediately recognized a young woman who frequently walks her Great Dane pup past my house.  

As I opened the door her beautiful face broke out in a wide smile.  "Congratulations" she said in handing me an attractive blue gift bag.  "This is from Casey," she added. Casey being her Great Dane who was amply filling the front seat of her car in the driveway.

"What's this all about," I asked?  "How did you know?"

"I read the story about your adoption of Matilda and it made me cry," she responded. "I just had to do something to welcome her to the neighborhood."

Before I could express my appreciation, Matilda bounced through the open door as if on cue.

"Well, she's come to thank you in person," I said with a laugh as Matilda ran excited circles around the nice lady before jumping up on her leg to receive affectionate pats and ear rubs.

"She is so cute...You have a good home now Matilda. You're going to have a happy life!"

At times like that saying "thank you" never seems to be an adequate response and as our visitor left I wished that I had the presence of mind to at least give her a hug. Maybe I will still get a chance to hug a real-life angel the next time she is out walking Casey past our house.

Oh, yes, the pretty blue gift bag contained a plush squeaky toy, a bag of liver treats and a "Welcome Home" card signed by Casey.  How nice and thoughtful -- unforgettable.

I cannot remember when I have been so deeply touched by an act of kindness.  On second thought, yes I can...I have been the recipient of several other angelic acts lately. I am blessed!

Could it be that I have reaped the benefits of the "providencial care" of which I speak?

NOTE: It should be explained that Matilda's story (schroll down two more posts) was reproduced on the Saugeen Times online news site, at the invitation of another very nice lady, Editor Sandy Lindsay.

No comments: