Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

01 August, 2018

TRUE LOVE OVERLOOKS THE IMPERFECTIONS OF TIME

Oh God...here I go again, shedding melancholia induced tears.  I'm trying to get over that!

I have lately been throwing out and giving away things that are just taking up space in my life or are no longer of value to me, having outlived their usefulness. In that vain I was about to toss a small notepad in a garbage can today when, flipping through the pages, I came across the following in my rather sketchy hand writing:

"Physical attractiveness diminishes with age. Love sees the imperfections that come with time and turns them into reasons to love even more.  God bless those who are able to share the intimacy of that love over the years. Life can be lonely otherwise." 

I can't remember when I jotted down that note, nor why, but something must have struck a chord within me at the time...It certainly had special emotional impact for me as I read those words today.


All I can add to that notation now is: It (life) is lonely because you are left with no one to share your imperfections with...I really miss that kind of love!

It's not nice knowing that you are imperfect...and not having someone to say "It is okay, I love you anyway!"

Advise to self:  Enough talk about imperfections.  Throw them in the garbage can along with the notepad that has now served its purpose. Love yourself anyway!

No comments: