Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

20 July, 2018

THE UNIVERSE DID NOT LISTEN TO ROSANNE


Rosanne was constantly praying...about everything. God bless her soul!

At one point a few years ago when we were having difficulty making ends meet, she told me that she had been asking God for help with our finances and in view of our health limitations, she thought lottery tickets would ultimately be the answer to her prayers.

I suggested to Rosanne that asking for money specifically was a rather selfish prayer that God may not answer.  "Why not, instead, put out a positive message to the universe expressing thanks for the many blessings in our life coupled with a wish for fulfillment of specific personal needs  i.e. good health and happiness -- and one million dollars would be nice too," was my serious, but light-hearted advise.

"If you want, write out your message to the universe and read it aloud every day," I added further. "Nothing wrong in dreaming big, just remember to keep your thoughts focused and never stop believing."

I don't remember talking about the matter again, but it all came rushing back to me a couple of weeks after Rosanne's passing as I was tearfully clearing out our living room that over the course of the past 10 years had become a glorified hospital room. As I removed an assortment of medications and a telephone from the top shelf of a book cabinet that sat at Rosanne's elbow, adjacent to her lift chair, I noticed a slightly weathered note taped to the inside.

It read: 
"Universe...We are so ready 
we thank you for all your blessings
$1,000,000.00 
please
Our love and thanks."

The poor dear girl had listened to me.  My unhealed heart exploded once again, along with fragile  emotions ever at the surface.

Sadly, the universe had not listened to Rosanne.

On impulse, a few days later, I purchased a $3 scratch-and-win ticket in her memory. I thought "maybe, just maybe..." The ticket, however, was not a winner.

That, too, is reality.

I honestly do not know what to do with the book cabinet and the note so hopefully taped to it. Should I let it go the way of all unfulfilled hopes and dreams? Perhaps!

No comments: