Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

26 June, 2018

FAREWELL TO A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN -- MY WIFE

On our wedding day, September 14,2002.
I never got to say goodbye to Rosanne...Sadly, at times like this you rarely do.

I left her alone to rest Sunday afternoon. I just didn't know that it would be a permanent rest. When I  attempted to awaken her some time later, she was already gone, seemingly peaceful in the reclining lift chair that she had been confined to for the past year...I'll never forgive myself for that!

Rosanne was simply a unique person, beautiful in so many ways.

I have never known anyone so sincerely kind, generous, loving, selfless, sensitive, loyal, responsible and painfully honest. She loved babies, her family, laughter, her God, any form of hamburger (a cheap date) and in later life dogs, especially her Lucy girl who predeceased her by only a few weeks. Best of all, I was unequivocally her "husband"...Nothing else mattered.

She had a distaste for injustice, cruelty, dishonesty -- and mushrooms.

It is for all those reasons, and more, that I loved her so much. I may never fully recover from losing her. There were just so many things we never got do do.  In the past 48 hours I am reminded of that every time I see other couples our age, out doing together what we should be doing, had not time run out for us. I suppose you could say that we more than made up for it in the time we had together, just the two of us, in the confines of our home with me looking after her to the best of my ability; content in the knowledge that at least we still had each other.

What concerns me most now is the void that will exist the rest of my days.  What do you do with the loss of purpose? What value is there in living just for yourself?...Guess I'll find out!

The following is Rosanne's death notice. It by no means does her justice.

Wright, Rosanne, passed away peacefully at home on Sunday June 24, 2018, she has taken her brave and loving spirit to another dimension, she was in her 71st year. Rosanne had fought multiple illnesses for an extended period with her devoted husband always at her side. Beloved wife of Richard "Dick" Wright of Southampton. Dear sister of John Krasnewych (Jane) of Scarborough; aunt of Paul (Laura), Ryan (Jen) and Sean (Megan) Krasnewych, all of the Toronto area; step-mother of Deborah Wright, Mississauga and Cynthia Wright-Rocha (Joe) of Bolton; step-grandmother of Alyssa Chaplin (Casey) of Guelph, Becky Koch (Corey) of Milton; Ryan, Joshua and Madison Rocha all of Bolton. Predeceased by her parents John and Micheline Krasnewych of Etobicoke and a son, Robert Webb. Cremation has taken place. Interment of ashes at a later date at St. Volodymyr Ukrainian Cemetery, Oakville, ON. Arrangements entrusted to the Eagleson Funeral Home, Southampton. Condolences may be forwarded to the family through www.eaglesonfuneralhome.com


No comments: