Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

27 December, 2009


Lucy made good use of "Boxing" Day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BONDS THAT MATTER
"Faith of our fathers, living still
We will be true to thee to death."
I am all in favour of change for the better,
Knowing the merit of well-conceived reform 
But by nature I resist fixing what is not broken,
I confess to favouring old-fashioned love,
Faith and duty, and cling to cherished comforts
Like relaxing firesides, old homes and gardens,
Books and photographs from years gone by,
I believe love abides, honour the old credence
That God has to be the nurturer of the soul,
That He will give his ear to our prayers
And that He watches as we move forward.
I see regenerate restlessness in society today  
And a tendancy to shun tradition and values 
Yet I cling reverently to the bonds of my faith
Trusting the world will be better when I leave.

No comments: