Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

02 September, 2021

IT'S ABOUT THE ROUTINE I'M IN WHEN THERE'S LITTLE ELSE I CAN DO WITH MY LIFE

The thought just struck me. I've written a lot recently about life, God, myself...a whole lot of things. So what now?

What have I learned and how is this all going to impact me now? Can I do anything differently? Perhaps something exciting, personally enhancing or challenging.

The answer(s) to all of the above = NO! and NOTHING!

Earlier in life we're so often defined by our jobs and family responsibilities -- doctor, teacher, politician, construction worker, wife, husband, mother, father -- and our special interests or hobbies. But take that all away, what have you got?

Just think, I'm going to wake up (hopefully) tomorrow morning, have my breakfast, spend some time on the computer, think of something new to write, ponder all the chores I could be doing but that can be put off for another day, have lunch, spend some more time on the computer, fall asleep, maybe buy some groceries if there's time, have a late supper, fall asleep at the table, spend some more time on the computer, watch the tail end of a Blue Jays game and the late news on TV, check the computer  one last time before turning it off for the night just to see if I have any emails or Facebook activity -- and while I'm at it do some quick revisions to several things I've written during the day because if I don't I will not be able to sleep properly. Finally look at my watch and, to my surprise, it is well past midnight (probably 3 or 4 a.m.). Having done it again, I head off to bed swearing to try to do things a little differently tomorrow.

So what I'm saying is, nothing will change in my life and nothing much ever will because that's what it is to be an 80+year old free of former commitments and with limited time, energy and wherewithal to do anything much beyond just the essentials for living to make it to another day of the same old routine. 

Sad part of it all is that there are days when it is all I can do to handle some of the essentials of the same old routine that I find myself confined to; but I am learning not to worry about it. Just do the best I can whenever I can.

Damn it though, I'm going to start to enjoy it all a lot more...Even if it kills me!

No comments: