Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

05 December, 2020

ALL THE PLACES I DO NOT GO TO ANYMORE

Where to go in my world now that I've eliminated so many places?

Do you have places you don't go to anymore? I have lots of 'em!

In no special order:

I am no longer concerned that generally, I sense that I am not liked as much as I like...You can't go around making people like you. It is phoney to try...I just do not go there anymore.

I have given up the naive notion that I can save the world...I do not go there anymore.

I used to fret over the fact that I am not as smart as I would like to be and that I have never fully excelled at any one thing, as hard as I may have tried...I simply do not go there anymore.

I used to be nostalgically attached to the place of my birth, but after 65 years a lot of water has passed under the (Sydenham) bridge. There is nothing nor anyone to draw me back and memories can only take you so far...I literally do not go there anymore.

With the passing of time and life unfolding the way it has, I have struggled with being deprived of a special soul mate -- that someone to love and to share tender moments with...Sadly, I choose not to go there anymore. 

Similarly, I accept the fact that I'm not as good as I used to be, physically speaking. As a matter of fact, I am convinced that I would not even be as good once as I ever was...Discretion wisely tells me that there is no use even trying to go there anymore. 

Unlike in the past, I do not sweat the small stuff...I do not go there anymore.

I refuse to let unreasonable people get under my skin. It is hopeless...I do not go there anymore.

I have given up advocating against bigotry and discrimination. I had little influence anyway...I do not go there anymore.

As a voice in the wilderness, I refuse to get worked up about politics and the state of the world, pro or con...For the good of my emotional well-being, I do not go there anymore.

To no particular avail, I have beaten social horses to death...There is nothing to be gained by going there anymore.

While conscious of the kind of food I eat, I no longer feel it necessary to follow a strict diet. Life is just too short.  The writing is already on the wall for me...Meantime, I'd rather not go there anymore.

With coronavirus hanging over us, I'd dearly love to go to church, drop into Tim Horton's for a coffee, shake hands with a friend, give someone a hug, or celebrate Christmas with my family -- all the things heretofore taken for granted -- but the imposition of distancing, coupled with discretion and common sense, dictate otherwise...Better I just not go there, at least for the time being.

I am not concerned about dying...I'm not ready to go there yet either!

I suppose too that I should give up trying to write the great Canadian novel, but that's another place I'm not ready to go yet...After all, what else would I do with all the time I have left on my hands now that I don't go many places anymore?

3 comments:

Pastor Francis said...

You don't just want to go anywhere. Take a rest.dude

Dick Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dick said...

FRANCIS: The purpose of this post was to take a humorous look at things that I do not worry about anymore in my old age. That point may have been misinterpreted by you. Also, the English meaning of the word "dude" is..."a man who dresses in a flashy or extremely fastidious manner" or a "dandy" which is not necessarily a complementary term, nor does it apply to me. Is this what you meant when you referred to me as "dude"? As an elder and out of respect, I would never call you anything other than Francis in public print.