Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

23 July, 2020

SHE HEARS NO EVIL, SEES NO EVIL & SPEAKS NO EVIL

I have a very dear friend who is well informed and always on top of things. But, guess what?...She is a prolific reader, often going through at least a couple of books a week, but she does not read newspapers or listen to the news on radio or television. 

My friend also stubbornly resists participating in anything related to social media even though she is computer literate and has an email account for which she primarily shares jokes, funny cartoons and photographs with a select group of friends. She explains her philosophy this way: "I hate confrontation and the bad news that dominates the media today. I don't need it in my life! If my friends or family think something is important, they can tell me about it -- and they usually do."

Negativity is not in her vocabulary but involuntary facial expressions often give her away when resisting the temptation we all feel to say something bad about a person or situation. In uncomfortable moments, she has been known to merely walk away.

Now, I ask you, who is better off -- my friend or you and I?

No comments: