Sharing with you things that are on my mind...Maybe yours too. Come back to Wrights Lane for a visit anytime! And, by all means, let's hear from you by leaving a comment at the end of any post. THE MOTIVATION: I firmly believe that if I have felt, experienced or questioned something in life, then surely others must have too. That's what this blog is all about -- hopefully relating in some meaningful way -- sharing, if you will, on subjects of an inspirational and human interest nature. Nostalgia will frequently find its way into some of the items...And lots of food for thought. A work in progress, to be sure.

08 March, 2012

JUST IN CASE TOMORROW NEVER COMES...

I was teasing a Facebook friend the other day about the possibility that tomorrow may never come.  He had posted some sage advise on his site to the effect that the nice thing about today is that tomorrow is another day.

As I thought more about our good-natured exchange, the following heart-felt, yet simplistic soul-searching retrospective came to mind.  I have lived it many times.

If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.  If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you walk out the door, I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.  If I knew it would be the last time that I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each action and word, so I could replay them day after day.


If I knew it would be the last time, I would spare an extra minute or two to stop and say "I love you", instead of assuming that you would know.  It is so easy to assume a lot of things, like surely there will always be a tomorrow to make up for an oversight and for things you either did or did not do.


Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, so I won't spend my life waiting for it.  I will hold loved ones close today.  I will take time to express my true feelings and will not hesitate to say "I'm sorry" or "thank you" when circumstances call for it.  I will never be too busy to grant a wish, because it may well turn out to be someone's last.  And if tomorrow never comes, I will have no regrets about today. 


Some times we just need to remind ourselves.

No comments: